*** 🇺🇸 PARALLEL IMPORT FROM THE USA! 🇺🇸***
Portability should never come at the cost of quality and nothing could be truer of The Oklahoma Joe's® Rambler Tabletop Charcoal Grill. Heavy-duty construction, supreme durability, and maximum portability all rolled into one. It may be a hefty 22kg but it is well worth it!
Grill with high heat or cook low and slow with the convenient height-adjustable charcoal tray that allows you to change the distance between the food and the heat source. . Large air dampers give you full control of your temperature while the thick cast-iron grates deliver sizzling sears for the perfect steak, burgers, and more. There is even a removable ashtray so it's easy to clean up.
The Oklahoma Joe's® Rambler Tabletop Charcoal Grill is tough enough to be your at-home grill and versatile enough to hit the road with you.
- Heavy-duty steel construction ensures durability you can trust
- Thick cast-iron grates produce a perfect sear
- The height-adjustable charcoal tray lets you grill with high heat or cook low and slow
- Large air dampers allow for accurate airflow control
- Full-size, removable ash pan makes clean-up easy
- Lid handle features an easy-to-grab rubber grip and stays cool to the touch
- Professional temperature gauge with glow-in-the-dark accents
- Sturdy side handles make transporting this portable grill easy
- Brand: Oklahoma Joe's
- Colour: Black
- Model No: 19402088
- Primary cooking area: 1419cm²: 43 x 33cm (W x D)
- Assembled Product Dimensions: 68 x 55 x 49.5cm (L x W x H)
- Weight 22kg
- Assembly required
- Parallel Import
The paint will flake off the firebox the first time you use it. It just will. It does not mean that the smoker is defective, but does mean that Oklahoma Joe factory could use better paint, to be honest. Like any unprotected steel surface that's exposed to the elements, it will be prone to rust unless you touch it up with high-temperature paint. You will probably need to re-paint the entire thing every year or two to keep it in top condition. And you will definitely want to buy a cover for it which we also offer from time to time.
On top of this, we highly recommend that you season your smoker the first time you use it to help preserve the paint and protect it from the elements. It'll also burn off any lingering production chemicals, preventing them from tainting your food. This will also lay a foundation for superb BBQ results and create a barrier keeping your smoker looking great for years to come.
SEASONING YOUR OKLAHOMA JOE:
2. Use a Charcoal Chimney Starter to heat the coals until they're super smoky.
3. Add some unlit charcoal to the firebox then pour the lit coals from your Charcoal Chimney Starter on top. Open the exhaust and intake to ensure the greatest amount of airflow so you can get it to a good hot heat!
5. Allow the smoker to reach 135-149°C (275-300°F) and smoke for 2-3 hours.
6. Let your smoker cool down. Once your smoker has cooled completely, you're good to go.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
The Oklahoma Joes sometimes arrive with cosmetic scratches and, occasionally, with small dings. These are not caused in transit, so they happen at the factory and there is little we can do about them. If you are going to be bothered by this, it's best not to buy one of these online - buy from a store and open the box to inspect it before purchase. Just sayin'. Of course, if you buy from us and find that the smoker is not fit for purpose, we will of course refund you and collect it. We want happy customers - we're not here to pull a fast one!
We encourage you to join the NZ Barbecue Pitmasters group on Facebook. They are super-knowledgeable and helpful!