********* Parallel Import! ***********
A favourite from US campfires for over 120 years, authentic Lodge cast iron grill pans reach extraordinary temperatures to get the perfect sear on your steaks. The ridged base adds those sizzling grill marks onto your meat, courgettes, paninis and more. Perfect for bacon, steaks, smaller roasts, chicken and veges too, they're perfect for any cook top and go straight into the oven!
This isn't just any run of the mill cast iron, these pieces come with a pretty cool story y'all. Nestled in the foothills of the smokey Appalachian Mountains (think Dolly Parton in her little ol' Tennessee Mountain home!), Joseph Lodge set up his first foundry in 1896. Having survived two world wars as well as the great depression the business is now the oldest manufacturer of cast iron cookware in America and still family owned with both the CEO and chairman being Joseph Lodge's great-grandsons. Basically these guys make proper cowboy-level campfire favourites with a total focus on quality and technology.
Cast iron has a reputation for being tricky to season and maintain but these pans come pre-seasoned, so after rinsing them they're ready to use. To keep the seasoning intact, simply clean with hot water with minimal-to-no detergent and oil lightly. Don't put it in the dishwasher and don't leave it soaking for extended periods. If someone does mess with your beloved cast-iron pan - no problem, re-seasoning is easy.
These high quality products will last generations if you just put in a little care - a well-seasoned pan is a precious kitchen heirloom indeed!
Cooking like a cowboy with a little 'hey y'all' and 'yeehaw'?! 'Hell yeah' we say!!!
For more care information and recipe ideas visit: http://www.lodgemfg.com/use-and-care/cast-iron-lets-cook
- Seasoned cast iron surface
- Ribbed base for low-fat cooking
- Sturdy, integral ovenproof handles
- Helper handle eases portability
- Cast iron is fantastic for high-heat cooking, and has excellent heat retention
- For best results, allow a few minutes to come up to temperature
- Natural healthy cooking
- Economical and durable – Properly cared for cast iron will last for generations
- Suitable for cooking on electric, gas, induction, oven, fire and BBQ grill
- Dimensions excluding handles: 26 x 26 x 4.5cm
- Made in the USA
Cleaning and care:
- Hand wash only. Water is recommended but a little soap can be added if necessary
- Rub with cooking oil