Not only cosy, warm and supremely snuggly, weighted blankets have become hugely popular as a way to reduce anxiety and to promote sleep. Like a big bear-hug, the weighted blanket stimulates deep touch receptors all over your body which can create a feeling of intense calm and security in many people! Don't pay up to $299 elsewhere - our price is just $129...so it definitely pays to chillax with Container Door!
Are They For Real?
Weighted blankets have long been used by therapists as a tool for helping patients to relieve stress, sleep disorders and anxiety.
According to a published study*:
• 63% reported lower anxiety
• 78% preferred the weighted blanket as a tool to relieve anxiety over any therapeutic option
How It Works
The concept behind the blanket taps into 'proprioception' which is essentially the body's ability to receive input through receptors in our skin, muscles and joints that send information to our brain via the nervous system so that the body can sense itself. The added weight of the blanket tells your brain about your body's position in space, allowing it to unwind and enjoy a blissful, soothing sensation.
- Inner Blanket: 100% cotton inner filled with micro glass beads encased in a grid style quilt stitch to ensure beads are evenly distributed.
- Inner Blanket Weight: 6.8kg
- Cover Weight: 1.5kg
- Total Weight (inner + cover): 8.3kg
- Blanket Size: 150 x 200cm
- Cover: Removable polyester fleece with quilted design (one side quilted/reverse is plain), includes inner ties to hold blanket in place inside cover and zip closure.
- Blanket and cover to be washed separately on cold gentle machine or hand wash only. Line dry in shade or cold tumble dry (airing) only.
- NOT for use with infants or young children, or those who cannot lift the blanket weight unaided. Never roll a child up in this blanket.
- This blanket is recommended for adults weighing 50kg or more.
- Avoid draping the blanket down the sides of the bed, as gravity will pull it down towards the floor.
- This product is not intended for use as a medical device and any benefits discussed above are not guaranteed.
- Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professionals with any questions you may have regarding your health and/or medical condition/s.
*Research source: study from the Journal of Occupational Therapy in Mental Health: ‘Exploring the Safety and Therapeutic Effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation Using a Weighted Blanket’ (pages 65-89; Published 08 Sep 2008)