The US military – you couldn’t call them casual or laid back. In general, they don’t eff around. So if the US Coast Guard - a service branch of the US Armed Forces - certifies a life vest you know it’s legit. These O'Neill USCG-certified men’s buoyancy vests are Type III - suitable for harbour and calm water activities like fishing, kayaking and waterskiing - and they exceed the buoyancy-level required by Maritime NZ. Read more on this below.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Perfect for wake-sports, waterskiing, tubing, and swimming these O'Neill Men's Reactor USCG Life Vests are USCG Approved (Type III) and offer a snug, stylish and comfortable fit with minimal bulk to ensure easy mobility on the water.
Being made with anatomically cut lightweight polyethylene foam with a durable coated polyester outer shell makes the vest strong yet soft and comfortable. Heavy-duty 1.5 inch wide webbing belts with quick-release buckles allow for an adjustable fit and easy fastening.
And your buoyancy level can change over time. Always test your gear to make sure it’s right for you, and test it annually to ensure it still performs for you as expected.
ABOUT SAFETY STANDARDS
• Most adults only need 7 to 12 pounds of buoyancy (31 to 53 Newton) to keep their heads above water.
• Maritime New Zealand requires these Type 403 vests to have at least 53 Newtons of buoyancy. Read more HERE
• USCG Certified Type III buoyancy aids all have a minimum of 15.5lb inherent buoyancy – that’s 70 Newton!
*See size chart image for measurements
- Brand: O'Neill
- Colour: Black/Black/Black
- Style: O'Neill Men's Reactor USCG Life Vest
- Dimensions: 43.18 x 30.48 x 7.62 cm
- Item Weight: 0.57 kg
- Material: 100% Polyester lining, Closed Cell PVC Marine Foam, Segmented Foam Core.
- Zipper closure
- USCG Approved Personal Flotation Device
- Perfect for Wake Sports, Waterskiing, Tubing, and Swimming
- Segmented Foam Core And Anatomical Flex Points Allow Unrestricted Movement
- Quick Release Safety Buckles And Heavy Duty Front Zipper Create an
- Unparalleled Sense of Security
- Minimal Bulk Design Allows Full Mobility, While Expansion Panels Enable a Comfortable Fit
- Relaxed Fit For The Water Sports Enthusiast Who Wants Some Room To Move
- Overlock Stitched: Super-Strong Seam
- Neoprene vests are meant to fit fairly snugly when dry. It's important that they do fit snug. When neoprene gets wet it expands so in order for the vest to fit properly it needs to be snug.